Wicomico County Council June 16 agenda
June 16 2020 – Wicomico County Council Agenda
10:00 a.m. Larry W. Dodd, President Call meeting to order
Opening – Prayer and Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Consent Agenda:
- Legislative Minutes from June 2, 2020
- Open Work Session Minutes from May 19, 2020 – Discussion on Capital Improvement Program (CIP)
- Open Work Session Minutes from May 19, 2020 – Federal CARES Act Funding
Proclamation in Recognition of National Public Health Week – Ms. Lori Brewster, Local Health Officer.
Certificate of Appreciation to Mr. Wayne Strausburg for his Years of Service to Wicomico County.
Laura Hurley, Council Administrator:
- Resolution No. 39-2020 – Declaring that Leonard Lane Investment, LLC is Eligible to Receive Enterprise Zone Benefits for Property at 232 Leonard Lane, Salisbury, Maryland 21801- Ms. Laura Soper, City of Salisbury Enterprise Zone Administrator.
- Resolution No. 40-2020 – Declaring that Opportunity Street, LLC is Eligible to Receive Enterprise Zone Benefits for Property at 218 West Main Street, Salisbury, Maryland 21801- Ms. Laura Soper, City of Salisbury Enterprise Zone Administrator.
- Resolution No. 41-2020 – To Approve an Attorney to Assist with Inquiries, Investigations, or the Drafting of Legislation or Codification of Legislation for the Wicomico County Council pursuant to Charter Section 304.
- Resolution No. 42-2020 – To Appoint the Board of Managers of Various Public Drainage Associations within Wicomico County – Ms. Gale Catlin-Tiso, Chief Banking Assurance Officer
- Resolution No. 43-2020 – To Certify the Drainage Tax Roll to the Department of Finance as Requested by the Board of Managers of the Public Drainage Associations – Ms. Gale Catlin-Tiso, Chief Banking Assurance Officer
- Resolution No. 44-2020 – Authorizing the County Executive to Accept Grants from the Administrative Office of the Courts on Behalf of the Circuit Court for Wicomico County – Melissa Batie, Court Administrator.
- Resolution No. 45-2020 – Declaring Wicomico County, Maryland a Second Amendment Preservation County – Sheriff Mike Lewis
- Resolution No. 46-2020 – Authorizing the County Executive and Council President to Execute, on behalf of Wicomico County, a Mutual Aid Agreement between Wicomico County, Maryland, and all Governing Bodies and Sheriffs on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, to Provide Mutual Aid and Support between each Sheriff’s Department in Certain Situations – Sheriff Mike Lewis
Adjourn from Legislative Session and Enter into the County Board of HealthReport on the Health of the County
Ms. Lori Brewster, Local Health Officer
Adjourn from County Board of Health and Enter into Legislative Session
Public Comments-Please limit all public comments to three minutes or less; any presented material may be submitted to Councilmembers-Please include 10 Copies.
Council President’s Comments
Open Work Sessions:
- To Discuss a Right-of-Way Agreement with Delmarva Power & Light Company to Establish Four Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in the Parking Lot of the Civic Center – Mr. Steve Miller, Director of Recreation, Parks & Tourism
- To Discuss the Purchase of 810 Second Street, Delmar, MD – Mr. Steve Miller, Director of Recreation, Parks & Tourism
- Pay and Classification Plan – Ms. Jaclyn Curry, Director of Human Resources
- Proposed Grant Funding Legislation – Mr. Bob Taylor, Council Attorney
- Letter of Support for Habitat for Humanity
Closed Work Session: To Consult with Legal Counsel